SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT – Scandalous
1. PKFZ RM12 billion
2. Submarine Commission RM500 million
3. Sime Darby RM964 million
4. Paya Indah Westland RM88 million
5. Posmalaysia (transmile) RM230 million lost
6. Eurocopter deal RM1 billion wasted ?
7. Terengganu Stadium Collapsed RM292 million
8. MRR2 repair cost RM70 million
9. Maybank Overpaid BII RM4 billion
10. Tourism – NYY kickback RM10 million
11. 3 paintings bought by MAS RM 1.5 million
12. Overpayment by Sport Ministry RM 8.4 million
13. London ‘s white elephant sports complex RM 70 million
14. MATRADE repairs RM 120 million
15. Cost of new plane used by PM RM 200 million
16. InventQ irrecoverable debt RM 228 million
17. Compensation for killing crooked bridge RM 257 million
18. Loss in selling Augusta RM 510 million
19. Worth of APs given out in a year RM 1.8 Billion
20. Submarines (future Muzium Negara artifacts) RM 4.1 Billion
21. PSC Naval dockyard RM 6.75 Billion
22. The Bank Bumiputra twin scandals in the early 1980s saw US$1
billion losses (RM3.2 billion in 2008 ringgit)
23. The Maminco attempt to corner the World Tin Market in the 1980s
is believed to have cost some US$500 million (RM1.6 billion)
24. Betting in foreign exchange futures cost Bank Negara Malaysia
RM30 billion in the 1990s
25. Perwaja Steel resulted in losses of US$800 million (RM2.56 billion)
26. Use of RM10 billion public funds in the Valuecap Sdn Bhd
operation to shore up the stock market
27. Banking scandal of RM700 million losses in Bank Islam
28. The sale of M.V. Agusta by Proton for one Euro making a loss of
€75.99 million (RM 348 million) Same as No.20 ?
29. Wang Ehsan from oil royalty on Terengganu RM7.4 billion from 2004 – 2007
30. For the past 10 years since Philharmonic Orchestra
was established, this orchestra has swallowed a total of RM500
million. Hiring a Kwai-Lo CEO with a Salary of more than RM1M per annum !
31. In Advisors Fees, Mahathir was paid RM180,000, Shahrizat
Abdul Jalil (women and social development affairs) RM404,726 and Abdul Hamid Othman (religious) RM549,675 per annum
32. The government has spent a total of RM3.2 billion in teaching
Maths and Science in English over the past five years. Out of the
amount, the government paid a whopping RM2.21 billion for the purchase of information and computer technology (ICT) equipment which it is unable to give a breakdown. Government paid more than RM6k per notebook vs per market price of less than RM3k through some new consortiums that was setup just to transact the notebook deal. There was no Maths & Science Content for the teachers and the notebooks are all with the teachers’ children now.
33. The commission paid for purchase of jets and submarines to two
private companies – Perimeker Sdn Bhd and IMT Defence Sdn Bhd amounted to RM910 million. Expanding on No. 2 ?
37. RM300 million to compensate Gerbang Perdana for the RM1.1 billion “Crooked Scenic Half-Bridge”
38. RM1.3 billion has been wasted building the white elephant Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) facilities on cancellation of the Malaysia-Singapore Scenic Bridge
39. RM100 million on renovation of Parliament building which leaks
40. National Astronaut Programme – RM 40 million
41. National Service Training Programme – yearly an estimate of RM 500 million
42. Eye of Malaysia – RM 30 million and another RM5.7 million of free tickets
43. RM 2.4 million on indelible ink
44. Samyvellu announced in September 2006 that the government paid
compensation amounting to RM 38.5 billion to 20 highway companies.
RM380 million windfalls for 9 toll concessionaires earned solely from
the toll hike in 2008 alone
45. RM32 million timber export kickbacks involving companies
connected to Sarawak Chief Minister and his family.
46. Two bailouts of Malaysia Airline System RM7.9 billion. At a time
when MAS incurring losses every year, RM1.55 million used to buy three
paintings to decorate its Chairman’s (Munir) office.
Expanding on No.11
47. Putra transport system bailout which cost RM4.486 billion.
48. STAR-LRT bailout costing RM3.256 billion.
49. National Sewerage System bailout costing RM192.54 million.
50. Seremban-Port Dickson Highway bailout costing RM142 million
51. Kuching Prison bailout costing RM135 million
52. Kajian Makanan dan Gunaan Orang Islam bailout costing RM8.3 million
53. Le Tour de Langkawi bailout costing RM 3.5 Million
54. Wholesale distribution of tens of millions of shares in Bursa Malaysia under guise of NEP to cronies, children and relatives of
BN leaders and Ministers worth billions of ringgits.
55. Alienation of tens of thousands of hectares of commercial lands and forestry concessions to children and relatives of BN leaders and Ministers worth tens of billions of ringgits.
56. Since 1997, Petronas has handed out a staggering 30 billion ringgit in natural gas subsidies to IPPs who were making huge profits.In addition, there were much wastages and forward trading of Petronas oil in the 1990s based on the low price of oil then. Since the accounts of Petronas are for the eyes of Prime Minister only, we have absolutely no idea of the amount.
57. RM5700 for a car jack worth RM50
58. Government-owned vehicle consumed a tank of petrol worth RM113 within a few minutes
59. A pole platform that cost RM990 was bought for RM30,000
60. A thumb drive that cost RM90 was bought for RM480
61. A cabinet that cost RM1,500 was bought for RM13,500
62. A flashlight that cost RM35 was bought for RM143
63. Expenses for 1 Malaysia campaign paid to APCO ?
64. RM17 billion subsidy to IPP
65. USD24 million Diamond Ring for Ro$mah – Cancellation of Order
– how much compensation ?
66. CowGate . . . RM250 Million
67. Monsoon Cup . . . RM800 Million per year
68. Illicit Fund Transfers out of Malaysia ( 2000 – 2009 ) : RM 1,077,000,000,000 !
A Concerned Citizen