NSC to form committee to assist probe into alleged rape at SUKMA 2013
Its director-general Datuk Seri Zolkples Embong said the forming of the committee was the initiative of the national body and would comprise officials from the Malaysian Handball Federation (MHF), Federal Territory Sports Council (FTSC) and the NSC.
“For now, we have only decided on forming the committee before taking further action because we need complete evidence.
“As the handball contingent involved is under the FTSC, we asked them to take the initiative on the next course of action,” he told reporters after a meeting with the MHF and FTSC, here, today.
The media have reported that the official, a chaperon, alleged that the three handball players took turns to rape her at the Sukma Games village last Wednesday.
Zolkples clarified that the victim was a legitimate chaperon for the FT handball team although she was not registered with the NSC.
“I had made a statement previously that the official concerned was an additional official for the FT contingent who was not registered initially, hence her name was not in the contingent list.
“However, the state contingents were allowed to take additional officials without having to register with the NSC and this was not against our rules. This means, the victim is a legitimate official with the contingent concerned,” he said.
Following a report lodged by the victim at the Serdang district police station, police arrested three male handball players aged 18 to 19, at the Sukma Games village on Friday to assist in the investigation into the rape allegation. — BERNAMA
Read more: NSC to form committee to assist probe into alleged rape at SUKMA 2013 – Latest – New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/nsc-to-form-committee-to-assist-probe-into-alleged-rape-at-sukma-2013-1.315540#ixzz2Ybb46Wgx